charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Circle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Street surfing/ Carving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter650

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Full Circle Reply with quote

I was street/drain skating, in the mid/late 70s. Fast forward, about 30years, & i think, i am going to get back into it. So i go get a board & gear. Now here is where i go wrong, i head down to the skate park. A pic in a mag, was as close to a skate park, as i ever got when i was a kid. In the end, i just couldn't get my head, around the skate park thing, & my board ended up, in the garden shed. Anyway last week, i think i am going to go for a street skate {70s not new skool street}. Go out the shed, to grab my board %$^^*&( F ing bloody kids have cannibalized it. With the sh^ts big time, i jump in the car, to go buy a new board. 2 hours later & i walk out the shop, with a 40 inch Landyachtz drop carve. Last night i am playing around, in a carpark on it, & i ride off a gutter {funny how one small thing can trigger a memory}. 15 minutes later, i am driving to a hill {first place i got air} i have not skated in over 30years. It was windy, it rained, i crashed, i just didn't care, i had a great night. I am just stoked to be back, doing the sort of skating, i did when i was a kid.
H.Ludi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

top effort mate.
welcome back.
whats your location?
peter650

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gday Ludi i am in West Sydney. A few years back, i was at Melbourne, found some mad drains down there {oval shape pipes} Very Happy
martykent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p6 five o welcome back you never loose the buzz of feeling free. are what drains in vic.
peter650

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gday Marty i found some good little drains near lilydale, but the oval pipes where off the bike path, that runs from the city out to the airport.
martykent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks 650 hhhmmm sounds like a bit of investigating to be done.
peter650

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The station before Lilydale, i think it was. Only very small, but open & fun. To add to my first post. It's not skateparks that i can't get my head around. It's 13 year old kids on scooters, that do my head in. I just skate, to relax & have some fun. A 3 foot bank in a drain & no scooters is my idea of a good time. I just don't want to send anybody, on a wild goose chase. Cheers Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Street surfing/ Carving All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: