charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have some Respect - Embassy Decks, Innes Clothing, 187 Pads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fkahb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Have some Respect - Embassy Decks, Innes Clothing, 187 Pads Reply with quote

Well my friends, in response to the various "Where's Cam (aka Fkahb) and why is he not skating?" questions, I am really stoked to finally be able to reveal a big part of the reason - my little project called "Respect Distribution".

I have been toying with this idea for a while and after many months of setting up suppliers, freight handlers, websites and shopping carts, I have now launched http://www.respectdistribution.com

This is by no means an effort to take on a full blown distribution or retail presence, but merely to feed a desire of mine to make available some leading brands and play a small part in the skateboard industry, apart from the little http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/GO_Skateboarding/ website which has become a defacto BOSS forum. It is a hobby more than anything and I still do my other job which pays the bills!

Initially I am selling direct to the public to build up some funds and will start engaging with retailers on a wholesale basis. Once the wholesale business is running, the direct retail will wind back to just a few items that won't be supplied to retailers so as to not directly compete with them on the same items.

I wanted to have core brands and have secured Innes Clothing, The 187 Killer Pads and Embassy Skateboards. All three brands have high quality products and come with highly credible reputations. If I can help any of the CDS crew with some gear I'd be pleased to assist, or if you rather buy through your local store, that's cool - just ask them to order in some gear from me.

Now that it is all up and running, I hope to spend more time as a skateboarder rather than a keyboarder and see my mates at the skateparks. I'll be the guy on the Embassy deck in the Innes t-shirt and The 187 pads!!

If you have any questions or comments, I'd be pleased for the opportunity to respond. Please email me at cam @ respectdistribution.com

With Respect

Cam

Last edited by Fkahb on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BOOMERDOG
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done mate... Cool
Fkahb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boomer - its appreciated.
Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Cam!
Fkahb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jimmy I might talk soon about some items you have.

Cam
Taras

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: site Reply with quote

Well done on the site.
One bit of advice, it is a little too busy, I got lost when trying to find what is for sale, by this I mean there are links everywhere and no simple list of prices and items.
Maybe I am too old and getting it all wrong.
Well done in getting it off the ground.
Cheers
Taras
Fkahb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Taras for the feedback. I'll have a look at those ideas. If I'm not set up for the fellow old blokes to easily navigate, I'm making it hard for the most important market!!!

Cam
Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Cam Twisted Evil
Fkahb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Embassy Decks Reply with quote

So far I'm impressed with the look and shape of the Embassy decks. It was always an uncertainty going off the web and until I could touch and feel them I could only go on the US based reports like the Concrete Disciples one where they gave the Embassy Boards a good rap - http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_what/product_rev2.php?reviews=928

Here's my set up on the 8.5 'paddle pop' shape and the 9" "old School Pool" shape. I'm running Tracker 149s and 58mm Bones SPF on the 8.5 and Tracker 161s with 60mm Powell PF on the 9" deck. The graphics are great.

http://twitpic.com/vfgch

Hopefully I'll get a roll in the next few days if the rain clears to give some more feedback and I'll have some 'independent' reviewers in the near future.

With Respect

Cam

http://www.embassyskateboards.com/site/
Fkahb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Hitler Rants about Embassy Skateboards Reply with quote

Some YouTube fun on Embassy decks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjhQrKMi7lQ
Fkahb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Back to School sale Reply with quote

All stock at Respect Distribution 15% off until 1 February to celebrate the return to school (and clearing the parks during school hours!). Go to www.respectdistribution.com, navigate to the shop and use the coupon code "BTS2010". Includes shipping within Australia by Australia Post regular service. Only applies to order of $25 or more.
Fkahb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Full Circle trailer Reply with quote

Texas Pride!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc3AcJ6Biyo&feature=player_embedded
Fkahb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: 20% off Embassy Decks and Innes clothing Reply with quote

20% off all decks & clothing during Feb. Just use the coupon 'HENSLEY"
at the check out. www.respectdistribution.com Make way for new Innes stock and Embassy Pro series decks.
Fkahb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: First Aussie Embassy riders announced Reply with quote

Respect Distribution is stoked to finally confirm the first two Aussie riders on the Embassy Skateboards program in Australia. Simon "Sac' Reynolds of Adelaide and Brian "Gnarland" Garland of the Gold Coast/Brisbane are now officially with Embassy. Both riders are well respected OG Australian Crew. Gnarland was the first Australian to place top 10 in the Torquay Ramp Riots in the late 80s competing along side John 'Tex' Gibson founder of Embassy Skateboards, while Sac toured with the likes of Tex and Craig Johnson in the early Alva team tours in Australia.

Both Gnarland and Sac have been around long enough to know board quality and both now endorse and "Ride with Pride" on Embassy.

Embassy decks are exclusively supplied in Australia through www.respectdistribution.com

[img][/img]
Fkahb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Limited Edition Jeff Phillips Tribute decks Reply with quote

Limited Edition Jeff Phillips Tribute decks coming soon with Respect

33" long, 8.5" wide and 15.5" wheel base

Classic Bryce Kanights photo reproduced by Embassy.

Also coming soon Craig Johnson legends series model.

If you are interested please register your interest by sending and email to:

cam@respectdistribution.com

Pricing soon but sales will be on a first in basis via the Respect Distribution online store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: