charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C-Skate Skateboard's (Experimental Stage's Still!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Australian Independent Skateboard manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: C-Skate Skateboard's (Experimental Stage's Still!!) Reply with quote

I would like to introduce my hobby and passion C-Skate Home Hand made skateboard's!!

i desided after geting into old school skating that no matter what it took, i wanted to make my own deck's, i started my skateing on a black label lucero, that is the only deck i have bought since i started.
I am lucky in that i live on a propaty with a full engineering workshop complet with hydrolic press.
As soon as i had worked out a way to make the mold's i ordered a couple of blank's out of the U.S with a nice concave and boxed one up to pour a concrete mold and cut the other into a shape to ride.
I have now sourced some suger maple and have done my first pressed deck, i have desided to try useing a polyurathane glue over a two pack epoxy due to not wanting to have to deal with all the problem's that come with it having done a fair bit of work with the god awful stuff on surfboard's!
the glue has made the board's lighter than an epoxy deck but i'm not sure about the firmness, i think they may be a bit softer then i had hope's, fearing i'm going to lose some of the pop i was hoping for...
i have just tonight coated my deck in a floorboard varnish hopeing to get that strength and stiffness out of it... i'll be mounting it over the next week and trying it out, i am also hoping to start useing aussie timber's.
One of the thing's that i really keen on is the art that they feature, it's all about style for me, my best mate has done the art one the two blank's and the new deck, i aslo hope to have a couple of other artist's with diffrent art style's to do some, and in high school there are some extremealy good artist's and idea's floating around, i hope to harness this creativaty and apply it to my deck's to create not just great skateboard's but great LOOKING skateboard's.
the name C-Skate came from my (callum) and my best mate's (cam) name's but also we use it to portray the SEEING, vision of the skate disaplen's that fall beneth the main stream rayder it also enforce's my deication to the apperence of the deck's.
I hope to continue to grow this as a small company and would be happy for it just to cover it's own cost, i want to make beauful, aussie, one off skateboard's that people will enjoy.
i'm 16 and look forward to continuing in growing and refineing my creation's!!

This is one of the blank's that i shaped and Cameron Painted..(thanks to pang for the photo!)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=153379302&albumID=529320&imageID=34296537

thank's for taking the time to read my babble and sorry if there's to many spelling mistake's but it's almost midnight!!

i shall keep posted on how everything go's from here on out and should soon be able to tell how the poly glue deck go's!

cheer's
callum

Last edited by codman on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
seanfb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

links not working
H.Ludi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive said it before callum, schooling is very important. push there as hard as you do at skating and youll romp it in.
do it yourself + thriftyness are close to my heart, so full points there too.
your commitment to vert skating hasnt gone unnoticed, it took us old farts to get the ball rolling, so grab hold of it and keep ripping.
with determination + persistance you could easily become as good as those blokes who paid us a visit the other week.
keep up the good work, cheers, h.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Australian Independent Skateboard manufacturers All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: