charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CROSS - Canberra Region Old School Skaters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 380, 381, 382  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokin! That turned out amazing John. I hope my skills with the pencil and mouse evolve to be as amazing as yours. I wouldn't mind at all if you sent me the .ai file to salivate over. hehe..
Paul-CROSS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: CROSS Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, a bit slow replying, but i dont get to sit at the keypad to often. John (see Mexi) has been keeping me informed & doing a wicked job with our logo.

Hey doc, keep us posted about the wife's job at the uni, the more the merrier.

Dave Pang, got your pm will email you soon, thanks for replying.

FOD, Surf Scene, Fred & Carl, man now i know im reliving my chidhood. As if there were any doubt, skated Spence drains a few months ago, first time in 27 years......ya got to crawl before you can walk...again.

Cheers, Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Spence still skateable from the drop in bowl to the intersection? It would be a real bitch to clean the whole thing.
Dave Pang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

With plans to use Ainslie for the Sunday after Belco Bowl Jam, I am keen to suss it out a bit and slowly clean all the crap out of the venue total!

Day off tomorrow due to teachers strike (look after kids) so I feel a roll at Weston is in stall!
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo.. Ainslie! It's been too long my old friend. I can't wait!
Paul-CROSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
from the intersection east about 50 m's is clean, beyond that is mainly weeds and grass in cracks and joints, little dirt. To the west, the shorter but steeper run (i think this is the section you called the drop in bowl) is fairly dirty.....a bobcat with a rotary broom attached and a couple of likely lads would have it clean in no time.

Dave,
keen to check out Ainslie with you and help with clean out, just say the word.
Weston tomorrow, half ya luck, i've got to work. Thats the problem with this midlife crisis, i'm not wealthy enough to fully enjoy it.
Mexi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: SPENCE Reply with quote

Check it out. Potty and the boys from skateboarding.com.au have been hard at work down there!

Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how when you're a little kid of 12 things look sooo damn huge, but then when you're old enough you can see over the top.
Mexi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they look tiny in the photos! When you're in there though they feel a lot bigger. Like you said though, not as big as they used to seem!

Still, I love Spence. Couldn't get enough of them when I was in town.
Dave Pang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this link works

Here's a recent shot of Jimmy at Ainslie, those Rainskate wheels ruled the joint!
Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's me ute, fuck yeah Ainslie was a blast, Dave cleared a couple of hundred metres at the top with a broom, then i did a couple of hundred meters but got lazy and made just piles we had to dodge like slalom around and negotiate cracks and drain holes, it was Gnarly and insane, hit a couple of my lazy piles until i watched Dave kill it flat out, figured the lines, survived slaming into my lazy piles of leaves and debrise. Its a must , you know your alive, but will any of us get to pop a Boneless on a Street style Hosoi like MR Mulhall back in an ole Skating Life Issue of the 80's???? Twisted Evil
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha.. Yeah Jimmy, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw your pic. It was on that gap just behind you. I did a few boneless ones at Balmoral yesty in prep for the NACCOSS session next weekend. Ainslie is sooo much fun huh. I'm gonna have to dig up the pics from my first time there with some of the old Woden crew.

Did you skate Kambah while you were there?
Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, yeah, Pangy can post a pic of a frontside grind at Kambah. That placed killed my legs, hard work indeed.
Yes i accidently read that article in an old Skatin' life in the shed the other week, flat top and cool shades era for you Mick. Twisted Evil
what happened to the rip saw?? rocket air Twisted Evil
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you wouldn't think Kambah would be such a workout. Perhaps it's just our decrepid state.

Ahh yes, the ripsaw. I only had it for a week or two. It got stolen at that Hardcore demo at Martin Place with Hosoi, Gator, Hawk, Mountain, and many others. I was sooo bummed after having spent hours doin my grip graff.

I have another funny story about that demo. I had just done the Manly demo with Hawk, Mountain, Steadham and turned up to Martin Place with them. I was checking out the coping on the ramp when the powers that be said there was no way I was gonna skate. Hawk turned around and said he wasn't gonna skate if I wasn't, which was a bloody shock. But the other powers changed his mind for him. And that's when my board went bye bye.

All I have of that ripsaw is photos to cry over. I was almost tempted to buy a re-issue.
Mexi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: TURTLE BOWL... Reply with quote

Any of you guys skated this place? It was getting fixed up pretty good back in Summer '04 until some disgruntled bike riders trashed it. No idea why!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Sessions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 380, 381, 382  Next
Page 2 of 382

Jump to: