charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fawkner park nearly done

View previous topic :: View next topic  
insomniajosh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Fawkner park nearly done Reply with quote

Hi all,

The consultation process lead some to feel it did not represent their ideas during discussions. Having checked it out now I don't really give a shit as it is looking fun and unique. Coping looks perfectly set (and is being painted!)

As soon as the financial year is over I will start lobbying for a beginning on stage 2. I think the consensus was a curvy banked snake run with plaza elements and no tranny. I will keep y'all in the loop regarding Brunswick. It should have a decent budget (Fawkner's budget was tiny) so some oregon style tranny surrounded by plaza to the theme of stoner plaza could be an answer to what is lacking in Melbourne.

Rather than posting all the pics again I have lazily linked the hateboard thread below.

BBQ, tunes, lights and beers sesh soon!

http://www.skateboard.com.au/forum/read.cfm?forum=11&thread=78043
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
martykent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go josh you bloody legend
matt g

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at Fawkner last friday, not your usual bowl/tranny but I reckon it looks like heaps of fun........keep up the good work Josh!

Dig up the new nimbin park and bring it to Brunswick.
insomniajosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The park has been getting sessioned with good reports, still awaiting landscaping. The park has been a scooter creche with scummy local rats being tools, but meh. School holidays will be over now. I am going to have a mellow roll there tomoz as I have been injured. The street address is Jukes rd, next to the pool. Head down sydney rd away from coburg and it is on your right, turn right at the pool.

I was wondering if I could arrange the MOSS trailer and some lights for a low key opening. If we arrange an opening with council it is a nightmare and they will want us to cater for all the different users and fill out 50 page forms.

So thinking some tunes, some lights, a few beers and perhaps make a chill clip. Make a flyer with MOSS logo ect.

lemme know your thoughts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bernie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,
You can borrow my lights. (no trailer needed), and then you can have a session on a night that suits you (except Wednesday!).
Jos has them at the moment.
insomniajosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bernie! Make sure you come down mate and have a roll and a beer
matt g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of rolls here now, both early morning when its empty. A great little park, heaps of wierd & fast lines and super smooth concrete.

Josh..pm me your email address I reckon theres a couple of things you should consider with stage 2.

All up a ripper new park.
seanfb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

park looks awesome, cant wait to get a chance to go skate it
insomniajosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skated it yesterday, about 30 skaters, no scooters or bmx. Ripping session!

email is joshuafeggans@hotmail.com. With ideas for stage 2 please understand plaza/street elwments are required to balance the park and to reflect the needs of the initial consultations
matt g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutley...by the time i've done a couple of laps of stage 1 my legs are rooted anyway. plus I can send the youngsters off into stage 2 so i've got the curvy bit all to myself.
bernie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lighting up next Wednesday (10th), and the following Sunday (14th) at Jukes rd Fawkner, for some staying up late with InsomniaJosh!
insomniajosh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.skateboard.com.au/forum/read.cfm?forum=10&thread=81957

Link to the rad old school lookin' flyer and event details. See you wed and sunday![/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Haunts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: