charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New online skateshop opened in Queensland.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Ward

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewel as Jimmy-Mac'
Hey dude, will be droppin in this w/end actually...after some of those Bones hard bushings (a couple of sets) with the black conical cover, plus some bearings....I'm already sorted for griptape, hahhah, just playin with y'all bro', will c u this w/end for the other stuff...
C
jabsco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man im getting sore fingers. Oh i know it not goin to change much with one guy doin this but there is about 3 now all doin the same crap. Yeah i know its not goin to ever stop our regulars . As far as the price bar goes boards have not really gone up in price in 28 years ive skated for ,maybe a little bit here and there but overall its not that bad really . Pretty sure trucks were 100 bucks in the 80s.

Maybe if customs laws changed a bit then maybe the prices could come down . Its about 700 just to get them to inspect every box of boards that comes through. So much paper work which they charge all sorts of fees for . The costs go on and on The warehouse to store it the reps to go out and sell it the couriers to deliver it the shops to be open the power bills the rent .........You get the picture .

Thanks to every single person that has ever bought any thing here.Or any other actual skate store for that matter... Not the scooter ones though..They suck Very Happy
campo001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo cam , shouldn't be a problem , see you at nerang tonite maybe , we'll talk turky...
Drew Peacock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, wasn't expecting this.

"Dear Australian Skateboarders, we have heard from the market and discussed our shop with important participants in Australian skateboarding. Its more important that the existing channels are preserved. Effective immediately its shut down.

Thank you and keep skating "
campo001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in favour say - AIGHT....
campo001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , i was referring to all in favour to can it and change the topic, i had no idea that the said bussiness was closed until i read there website . what can i say but sad , shame on you all.
jabsco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah real sad ! 2 dudes doin the wrong thing got shut down . As opposed to the hundreds of people it would have affected if this crap is to continue .
KrispyKurtis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on who?

I can totally understand how distributors and their subsequent retailers get irate at parallel importers opportunistically undercutting them on a favourable exchange rate.

Tendering for and negotiating distribution rights, costs time and money - an investment which they have every right to expect a return on, particularly when they are going through the correct processes and channels in acquiring the rights to represent these products.

Maybe these Gold Coast guys were a bit naive going in to all of this, and weren't prepared for this sort of response - credit at least to them for pulling the plug in deference to feedback.

Shame on anyone for expressing a fair opinion in standing up for legitimate industry that fly-by-nighters want to leach off after all the hard work has been done?

Rubbish.
FOXA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly 'round 'ere..."
Scotty T

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arr the old chestnut...

In another thread (http://charliedontskate.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?p=76932#76932) bernie said:

Quote:
you should read this Jimmy...

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/864661

Interesting.

I buy stuff wherever I like. Bricks and mortar shops, skate, surf and ones that sell scooters have all seen my money. Online sellers, eBay sellers of new and second hand, CONS with ca$h for Rainskates or decks, people on these forums, Cash Converters etc. etc. etc.

I can absolutely say though that I have never gone into a shop to try something on/out/have a good feel, then obtain the product cheaper somewhere else. That is really bogus, and I would feel crap doing that to somebody.
bernie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"Dear Australian Skateboarders, we have heard from the market and discussed our shop with important participants in Australian skateboarding. Its more important that the existing channels are preserved. Effective immediately its shut down.

Thank you and keep skating "

I would hope that the "important participants" are aware of this stuff.....
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/322982

Distributors and competing retailers are all entitled to complain about being undercut, but unfortunately none of them can do very much about it...legally.
We have a history in the country of bringing down trade barriers at the cost of massive unemployment and loss of entire industry sectors, such as clothing, footwear, electronics, automotive components, etc etc etc.... This country has become a big quarry and we only have ourselves to blame.

Shopowners should take some comfort in the fact that this country has not been that good at supporting online retailers, and the best evidence of that is Amazon.com, and the multitude of bookshops that seem to be able to survive also. Mind you that is changing with each new net-savvy generation.

In any event competition is not always soley about price. As said by others, try getting a kingpin changed online, and where possible, support the shops that support your sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: