charliedontskate.com Forum Index charliedontskate.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vision Street Wear store (Sydney)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johann

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Vision Street Wear store (Sydney) Reply with quote

Vision Street Wear - Store Manager and Casuals
logo • Iconic Skate Brand
• Flagship Store
• Newtown Location

Vision Street Wear is an iconic skate brand that has shaped the history of skate & street fashion. Born in "76 Vision led the way through the eighties with it's bold aggressive graphics and unique style. Now Vision is back to rock the streets of Sydney with a killer new range of clothing & footwear based on the original heritage graphics & retro sneaker designs. Legends never die.

Vision are presently recruiting a store manager and casuals for their new Flagship store in Newtown. Working in this new location you will be responsible for the continued success of our brand. Applicants should have a passion for retail and a love of the fashion and skate culture as well as experience in fashion retailing.

As manager your duties will include but will not be limited to:

* Sales, training and staff motivation
* Reports
* In store merchandising
* Roster and Budgets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Taras

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Vision Reply with quote

I heard that Vision in Australia was not going to continue with any of its original/classic styles but try to come up with new street wear, not skate clothing?
Vision was cool in the 1980's but when it went under in the 90's then came back and then sold off to payless shoes, it all started to go wrong.

Dont get me wrong I love Vision Street Wear and still wear the hi tops and hoodies, so if you are goning to bring back alot of the original stuff, I will be buying from you guys.

Good luck and please bring back Vision DV 9's and even some more Re-Ish Boards.

Also post a link t oyour website.

Cheers
Taras
Johann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have nothing to do with the store just posting that it's there and has opened. South end of King St, Newtown.
I went in there today, it's only a small store and it's only in it's opening stages but it's pretty cool.
They have a few old decks on display (not actually for sale), a lot of cool tee's (gator graphic, logo, jinx, gonz, psycho stick design, agressor design, punk skull etc)
I GOT MYSELF A PUNK SKULL SINGELT! Prob won't wear out in public though hahah, more of a novelty for the house.
They have hoodies, and jeans and shorts all Vision brand...prices aren't too bad but what you would expect these days.
I also got a really cool colourful Vision logo that was on the top of one of the old decks I can't remember, i'll post some pics anyways.
Manager said they are doing a bunch of new designs withvintage photo's of Gator skating etc etc.
I'll prob go back in there when they get more stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mosu101
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator gear? sounds like "killer stuff" ! Laughing
Johann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might even say it's merch to.......die for? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
This could turn into a scene similar from Austin Powers Razz
rgrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the store is located down south end about 550 something (no numbers on the shops around there). it looks ok from the outside - all shoes and shirts but no one manning the store today which pissed me off as i had just ridden half an hour on my bike to get there. meant to be open from 11-7pm.
Jono

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they reissuing the canvas high tops that were basically Chuck Taylor rip offs with the ollie pad on the side, does anyone know? They were some of the coolest skate shoes ever.
Taras

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Shoes Reply with quote

Jono,
They re-issued most of the canvaas hi-tops and the Suede Hi-Tops, I am skating the suede ones and they are better than the originals as they are not as stiff.

Let me know what size and pattern you want and i should be able to get a pair from The Distributor of Vision.

Cheers
Taras
Johann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you can get Vision stuff (tee's/shorts) now at David Jones in the Menswear Casual depts.....oh dear?
mini manny damo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there i went there today its pretty sick im just pissed that they can't sell deck's because vision hardware is owned by draven Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
sk828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: cool store Reply with quote

they're real cool at that Vision Street Wear shop . They can also ship I recieved my swade hi tops today .Origional packing with four big stickers and four little ones. As they sorted me out well I just thought I'de give them some props. Keep in mind though that they are about 1 1/2 sizes bigger than your vans style shoes. I had to measure my vans and luckily got the nine, I normally take a ten. The chick there was real helpful an I hope that there store does well. Cool
jabsco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep David Jones and Myer...
why? Think pink collar-up polo shirts, and rippling biceps... Yes, its now owned by Industrie clothing.
and its just by the skin of our teeth that we aren't buying re-issue Vision decks from the same stores.

So don't be suprised if we're soon rolled for our shoes and shirts by some fully sik metros....
sk828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Sale On Reply with quote

Also I forgot to mention that they have a sale on Vision Street Wear boots for $67.50 I think thats 25% off
Michael Mulhall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. No way! I was going to diss the hell out of Vision Street Wear for being in the same league as Trendapendant, but now I have to bite my tongue. Why? Because until 30 minutes ago, I had no idea that the helpfull chick is a friend. The red head that is.
mbr pete

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

annnd its open again. Shocked
they were shut for a few months but are open again.
went there friday for some shoes and got a free vision t in the deal.
this deal is on for a short while, so get in and get 80's all over again.
no female there Mic. must of been her day off.
they open wed-sun 10.30 - 6.30ish. opposite Union Hotel/Pub
Post new topic   Reply to topic    charliedontskate.com Forum Index -> Skateshops All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: